Tactical Equipment Mechanic
Requisition Number: 505334
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for a Tactical Equipment Maintenance Mechanic.
- Responsibilities Perform preventive, corrective maintenance and repairs of Tactical equipment.
- Perform the inspection of the equipment in order to identify conditions that may impact on the correct operation of the equipment.
- Carry out the evaluation, diagnosis, and calibrations of the equipment to identify and monitor the operating conditions.
- Make the change of major and minor components of the equipment.
- Comply with the procedures of prevention and care of the environment.
- Comply with established procedures for the execution of maintenance activities.
- Generate, complete and close work orders with correct and timely information.
- Prepare technical reports and failure analysis. Conserve and properly use the tools and facilities provided. M
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the workshop. Know and comply with the Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Internal regulations. Code of ethics and conduct. Manual of loss prevention.
- The responsibilities described above are the main responsibilities of the position.
- The position also develops other activities that are not included in this document and the immediate supervisor is responsible for transmitting them.
Skills, knowledge and experience
Technical Studies in Maintenance of Mobile Equipment.
- Knowledge and technical skills n maintenance, repair and diagnosis of equipment Tactics for the mining industry, such as large capacity cranes, articulated trucks (ADT), excavators, tracked tractors, front loaders, service trucks, forklifts, trucks, generators, air compressors.
- Knowledge and technical skills in mechanical inspection activities.
- Knowledge and technical skills in evaluation and fault diagnosis of the power train and engine systems.
- Knowledge and technical skills in evaluation and fault diagnosis of hydraulic and electrical systems, reading and interpretation of plans and diagrams.
- Knowledge and skills in the process of changing components and assembling equipment.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of technological tools and diagnostic instruments.
- Knowledge and skill in tire maintenance.
- Knowledge in information management systems (ERP) and generation of work orders.
- Ability to read and interpret service manuals, parts manuals, oil analysis reports.
- Ability to work in a team and handle complex situations. Driver's license.
- 3 years in maintenance of mobile equipment.
- Knowledge of the JD Edwards System or other information management system.
- Experience in maintenance management systems.
Spanish fluently, English language proficiency will be recognized.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now