Electromecanico o Electrico Automotriz
Requisition Number: 505336
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for electromechanic or automobile electrician
- Operate and observe all applicable laws and applicable laws of Panama.
- Perform preventive, corrective maintenance and repairs of the electrical system of the Tactical equipment.
- Perform the inspection of the equipment in order to identify electrical conditions that may impact on the correct operation of the equipment.
- Perform the evaluation, diagnosis, and electrical calibrations of the equipment to identify and monitor the operating conditions.
- Make the change of electrical components of the equipment.
- Comply with the procedures of prevention and care of the environment.
- Comply with established procedures for the execution of maintenance activities.
- Generate, complete and close work orders with correct and timely information.
- Prepare technical reports and failure analysis.
- Conserve and properly use the tools and facilities provided.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the workshop.
- Know and comply with the Occupational Health and Safety regulations. Internal regulations. Code of ethics and conduct. Manual of loss prevention.
- The responsibilities described above are the main responsibilities of the position. The position also develops other activities that are not included in this document and the immediate supervisor is responsible for transmitting them.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Technical studies in mobile maintenance
- Knowledge and skills of maintenance, repair and diagnosis of electrical systems in Tactical equipment for the mining industry, such as large capacity cranes, articulated trucks (ADT), excavators, tracked tractors, front loaders, service trucks, forklifts, trucks, generators, air compressors.
- Knowledge and technical skills in elective inspection activities.
- Knowledge and technical skills in evaluation and diagnosis of electrical faults of the motor and power train systems.
- Knowledge and technical skills in evaluation and diagnosis of electrical faults in hydraulic systems, reading and interpretation of plans and diagrams.
- Knowledge and skills for reading and interpreting plans and electrical diagrams.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of technological tools and diagnostic instruments.
- Knowledge in information management systems (ERP) and generation of work orders.
- Ability to read and interpret service manuals, parts manuals and other maintenance reports.
- Ability to work in a team and handle complex situations.
- Driver's license.
- 3 years in maintenance of mobile equipment.
- Knowledge of the JD Edwards System or other information management system.
- Experience in maintenance management systems.
Fluenty in spanish, english will be recognized.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now