Mine Roads Supervisor
Requisition Number: 505342
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Operations / General Management, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for Mine Roads Supervisor for our Project Cobre Panama
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- The role has equipment and operations personnel accountability from the crushers both Static and Mobile within the Pit area.
- The role also has road construction equipment and personnel accountability from within and outside the Pit Area.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the crushing and Road Maintenance section ensuring a very high standard of plant housekeeping.
- Oversee real-time shift operations to consistently deliver and exceed the main KPIs of crusher throughput, crusher utilization and routine work compliance to ensure optimised plant utilization.
- Ensure all routine tasks, including field check-sheets and equipment inspections are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Execute the daily instructions of the Roads Superintendent.
- Work collaboratively with the Roads Superintendent and Mining Personnel to maximise Crusher throughput and Road Maintenance and construction.
- Conduct timely, documented and accurate shift handovers reporting performance KPIs, tasks performed, equipment status and focus items.
- Diagnose plant defects and ensure these are immediately addressed.
- Identify and immediately escalate to the Roads Superintendent and Maintenance Superintendent equipment that requires correction.
- Support maintenance personnel in the delivery of their tasks and equipment reliability.
- Provide timely and accurate permitting and access to maintenance personnel.
- Ensure team members have relevant training, competency and authority prior to undertaking activities.
- Monitor team development and training programs, particularly skills transfer and coaching within the team to ensure required competencies and behaviours.
- Manage team manning levels to deliver operational requirements and instructions by monitoring the attendance, location and activity of team members.
- Build 'team' environment within the shift team of operations personnel.
- Conduct regular performance feedback with team members to promote areas for improvement and follow up.
- Track and report continuous improvement activities to deliver improved operational performance.
- Provide input on weekly and monthly maintenance plans.
- Execute duties with a focus to control, report and reduce operational costs.
- Implement FQM Way culture across the shift team - "Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent Roads.Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong leadership, motivational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability.
- Good cognitive and analytical skills to identify and report process shortfalls, equipment bottlenecks.
- Good understanding of plant improvements and control strategies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to assemble data and provide clear and accurate operational performance reports in both an upward and downward direction.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Computer Literacy.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- 6 Months at a Supervisor level.
- Experience in crushing and Roads Construction.
- Fluency in Spanish is required and competency in English highly regarded.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now