Procurement Superintendent - Mobile
Requisition Number: 505346
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Execute, Monitor and Approve day to day ordering for stock and non-stock/indent in timely fashion, ensure compliance to Company’s policies and procedures
- Employee reviews and KPI management and feedback
- Focus on Urgent orders and expediting.
- Focus on ABC classification and ensure critical stock reorder points are evaluated and prioritized regularly
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies
- Designing and analysing reports to assess key functional matrices to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure all information from other areas are fed into procurement system such as FPA, SLA and Consignment Contracts
- Document policies and procedures for implementation
- End User and Vendor Liaison
- Focus on system improvements and business process efficiencies
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to FQM’s Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
- Ensuring the Company procures resources in an ethical and commercially viable fashion, with a strong focus on internal customer satisfaction
- Comply with FQM’s Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Assist with pricing information for other than procurement purposes such as the preparation of budget submissions, scopes of work, detailed costing for identified modifications and upgrades, as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Supply Chain Management Qualifications or Chartered / Management Accountancy
- At least 5 years in a senior position with a Commercial or Finance function
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Operating experience with computer systems ,Pronto Essential
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Good working knowledge of excel
- Must have the highest ethical standards
- Must be a self starter
- Team player
- Flexibility and ability to work in remote site
- Good written and verbal communication in English
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now