Power Plant Maintenance Electrician (Bolt on)
Requisition Number: 505365
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
Categories: Operations / General Management, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Power Plant Maintenance Electrician will report to the Maintenance Electrical Supervisor.
Maintenance Electrician duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Maintenance electricians are responsible for the maintenance and repair of all plant electrical systems and equipment except low power instrumentation and controls devices.
- Following approved company procedures inspect, test, repair, replace as necessary all types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, circuit breakers, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communications systems and storage batteries.
- Preform preventative maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems as well as emergency back-up systems
- Work on all plant electrical cabling ranging from high voltage cabling to 480V and 110V power distribution systems down through AC and DC controls system wiring networks and fiber optics.
- Help to maintain complete equipment files, logs and drawings for all designated equipment.
- Order spare parts and assist in managing inventory. Assist with forecasting needs for parts and equipment, particularly during planned maintenance outages.
- Conduct, analyze and interpret a wide variety of technical test data including meg-gar and h-pot testing of cabling and equipment.
- Monitor and report on activities of outside contractors during plant outages and special projects.
- Assist with root cause investigations of any operational incidents, especially those involving the electrical system in any way.
- Function as part of plant emergency response team within limitations of training received.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5 years or more satisfactory experience working as an electrician in a power plant or complex industrial facility.
- Certification and documented training as an electrician highly preferred.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Working knowledge of English preferred, Spanish working knowledge/fluency highly preferred.
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments a definite plus.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now