TMF Mechanic Technician
Requisition Number: 505373
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for a Mechanic Technician to join in our team at Cobre Panama
Role and Responsibilities:
The TMF Maintenance Mechanic will report to the TMF Maintenance Shift Foreman.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Maintain, assemble, install and test machinery and equipment according to approved plant procedures and equipment manuals.
- Dismantle and reassemble process equipment such as pumps, fans, compressors, cyclones, coolers, valves, etc.
- Experience in setting of machinery, coupling and bearing change outs, alignment of machinery.
- Pipe fitter such as removal and installation of valves, PVC and HDPE piping, gasket and seal replacement of all types.
- General mechanical work including scaffold rising, machining of less complex mechanical parts, welding of structural steel and plate, insulation and sheet metal work.
- Assist with work involving certified pipe tube welders.
- Assist in maintaining complete equipment, testing and prepair logs, technical references, drawings for all designated equipment.
- Assists with ordering of spare parts, inventory management and forecasting needs for parts and equipment, particularly during planned maintenance outages.
- Assists with investigation of equipment performance problems, troubleshooting, and accident investigation.
- Assists with quality control functions particularly materials receiving inspection, maintenance of weld maps, and alignment records. Monitoring of contractors during major shutdowns and special projects.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this job. it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to read technical literature in Spanish and English and read and interpret technical drawings highly preferred. Ability to write legibly preferred.
- 3 years or more satisfactory experience in plant maintenance for heavy industry such as a power plant, refinery, shipyard, or process plant.
- Documented licenses and/or training in welding, scaffold erection, machinery operator.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and instrumentation work preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to function as a team member respecting the abilities and opinions of others highly preferred.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a definite plus.
- Spanish working knowledge/fluency required; Basic English communication skills preferred;
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments a definite plus.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now