TMF Maintenance Electrician
Requisition Number: 505375
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for a Instrumentation Technician to join in our team at Cobre Panama
Role and Responsibilities
The TMF Maintenance Electrician will report to the Maintenance Shift Foreman.
TMF Maintenance Electrician duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Maintenance electricians are responsible for the maintenance and repair of all plant electrical systems and equipment.
- Following approved company procedures inspect, test, repair, replace as necessary all types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, circuit breakers, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communications systems and storage batteries.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems as well as emergency back-up systems.
- Work on all electrical cabling ranging from high voltage cabling to 480V and 110V power distribution systems down through AC and DC controls system wiring networks and fiber optics.
- Help to maintain complete equipment files, logs and drawings for all designated equipment. Consults diagrams and technical documentation such as schematics, manuals, standards and codes.
- Order spare parts and assist in managing inventory. Assist with forecasting needs for parts and equipment, particularly during planned maintenance outages.
- Assist with root cause investigations of any operational incidents, especially those involving the electrical system in any way.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3 years or more satisfactory experience working as an electrician in a complex industrial facility.
- Certification and documented training as an electrician highly preferred.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Working knowledge of English preferred, Spanish working knowledge/fluency highly preferred.
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments a definite plus.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now