Light Vehicle Supervisor
Requisition Number: 505407
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
•Attend to break downs and Light Vehicle planned jobs.
•Make sure that work order compliance is at 100%.
•To plan ahead for light vehicle fleet for 90% reliability.
•Draw up daily reports and reports on equipment conditions.
•Liaise with Commercial Dept the ordering and drawing of parts to ensure availability
•Give priority to equipment involved to production requirements.
•Drive to achieve required equipment availability targets.
•Supervise staff and ensure good timekeeping and attendance.
•Supervise and manage housekeeping standards in section.
•Advise management of whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
•Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external departmental employees
•Give advice to other where ever required.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of a Craft Certificate in Auto Mechanics
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum experience 2 - 3 years in a similar engineering role, with a particular focus on Light Vehicles, with at least two years in a supervisory exposure.
- Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Root cause failure analysis skills and experience in identifying failures and defect elimination.
- Computer literacy with experience in Pronto system.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime when required
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now