TMF QAQC Soils Technician
Requisition Number: 505412
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for an QAQC Soils Technician to join in our team at Cobre Panama
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the designated TMF Laboratory Supervisor and responsible for implementing the field soil testing and measurements, sampling and laboratory material processing related to the QAQC program for cyclone sand TMF embankment construction.
The Soils Technician key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct all tasks in accordance with Health and Safety procedures
- Operate, Calibrate and Maintain all field and laboratory equipment in good order
- Maintain good housekeeping of laboratory facilities
- Receive, log, handle, store and dispose of samples
- Conduct laboratory testing
- Assist with sample collection and field testing
- Maintain records of all testing results
- Collect samples within Cyclone Plant at various process stream phases
To be successful in this role you will require:
- High School diploma,
- Civil diploma is an asset,
- Previous experience in geotechnical laboratory is an asset,
- Knowledge of ASTM procedures,
- Detail oriented,
- Mathematical and analytical aptitude,
- Ability to lift 10 kg bags,
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills,
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel is an asset.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now