TMF QA/QC Field Inspector
Requisition Number: 505413
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for an QAQC Field inspectors to join in our team at Cobre Panama.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the designated TMF QAQC Field Supervisor and responsible for implementing the Instrumentation and Testing Program (ITP) for cyclone sand TMF embankment construction.
The Field Inspector key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct QAQC Inspection to observe TMF embankment construction ensuring that specifications are being met.
- Discuss results and findings with supervisor, and recommend any required corrective actions.
- Eighty (80) to Ninety (90) percent of time should be spent in the field and laboratory observing the construction activities and Ten (10) to Twenty (20) percent of work should be for administrative activities.
- Document Non-Conformities appropriately in the Registry and follow through to Corrective Actions implementation.
- Document all surveillance work and communications in daily logs.
- Download field instrument data (pressure transducers, vibrating piezometer, inclinometer, settlement plates), transfer to database and interpret data to identify possible dam performance, seepage, stability issues.
- Follow all procedures and instructions and suggests opportunities for improvement
- Document daily activities with a photographic record properly annotated.
- Participate to daily work plan meeting to be aware of planned activities and associated testing requirements.
- Raise Technical issues or quality problems to the attention of QAQC Supervisor and Technical Tailings Advisor.
- Maintain NCR and CAR current with the latest status for each item.
- Perform field and/or Laboratory testing as required
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Civil Engineering Diploma
- Minimum 2 yrs experience as civil works inspector
- Experience with implementation of Instrumentation and Testing Program
- Knowledge of ASTM procedures
- Proficiency with Excel and instrumentation data management software (eg. Geokon, )
- Detail oriented
- Mathematical and analytical aptitude
- Ability to lift 10 kg bags
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now