Production Equipment Planner (Mining)
Requisition Number: 505436
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- To ensure the optimal availability of equipment for a regular supply of ore to the crusher consistent with long and short term goals and schedules;
- To liaise with both mining and maintenance department to ensure the coordination and availability is best planned according to the mine schedules;
- To ensure mine production targets for both ore and waste are maintained at scheduled levels of production;
- To ensure that the mining method is optimized for efficient grade control, fragmentation and ease of excavation;
- That bench plans and dig plans are up-to-date and production staff have sufficient information to mine in an efficient manner;
- The position will liaise closely with the Mine Superintendent and s/he will attend the production meetings, giving the necessary advice and instruction to allow the Mine Superintendent and the mine supervisors to do their job efficiently;
- Finally and not least, to ensure a safe working environment for al technical services staff and to comply with all HSE policies issued by the company or the regulatory bodies.
- Assist the Production Manager as required.
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree Mining or Equivalent from a Reputable International University
Experience & Skills:
- +10 yrs in Mining role in a Large Open Pit Environment
- +3 Yrs as a supervisor / Superintendent of a production crew Open Pit preferably in Ultra class equipment.
- Conversant in the use of SURPAC as the preferred software package
- Conversant in the use of the MicroSoft Office Packages
- Skilled in the High Precision Equipment Guidance Technology Field
- Highly Motivated and Driven Individual
- Highly detail-oriented and process driven
- Strong team and communication abilities
- Motivated towards continual improvement of systems and processes
- Willingness to work at a developing site in a relatively remote area.
- Cobre Panama is a remote site. The position is offered as Residential or FIFO
Safety and Environment:
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Ensure all safety and environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
- Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now