Requisition Number: 505525
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for Crushing Operators to joyng in our team at Cobre Panama.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- The role requires operation of plant equipment in the Crushing area of the Process Plant.
- Strictly comply with HSE procedures and standards in particular a high standard of housekeeping.
- Monitor, operate and control the section equipment to ensure proper plant utilization and performance.
- Perform regular checks of the section streams and operating parameters to identify, report and address operational shortfalls to supervisors or metallurgists for guidance.
- Perform regular check of the equipment to ensure safe and optimal operating conditions, reporting any observed equipment defects.
- Report plant defects and assist in identifying root cause and the implementation of both corrective and preventative measures.
- As directed work with maintenance personnel to conduct, both corrective and planned maintenance.
- Propose and develop continuous improvement activities to deliver improved performance.
- Provide support and communications to the Supervisor in the optimisation of operations and maximum availability of plant equipment.
- Be an active contributor to the 'team' environment of plant personnel striving to consistently deliver and exceed expectations.
- Support maintenance personnel in the delivery of their tasks and equipment reliability.
- Undertake nominated training activities to maintain and up-skill required competencies.
- Execute duties with the focus to reduce operational costs.
- Employ the FQM Way culture - "Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor Shift Crushing.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Completion of secondary school
- Good Crusher knowledge and skills
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability.
- Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills to trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Ability to undertake the manual duties of the role.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- 2 years of direct experience in heavy industry roles
- Experience in a mining and/or process plant environment highly regarded.
Fluency in Spanish is required.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now