Requisition Number: 505552
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
To assist, in moving and storing materials and equipment in and around the Salvage area in an orderly fashion.
Maintain quality service by following Salvage area rules and procedures
To bin items on shelves or in the Salvage area
To assist in the counting of stock during stock take
Other duties as directed by Supervisory personnel
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Basic knowledge of materials handling procedures
- Advanced Certificate or Dip in Purchasing and Supply or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years Working Experience in a Warehouse/logistics
- Team Player
- Self driven
- Effective communication / comprehension skills – verbal and written
- Maths Skills – Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure.
- Basic computer Skills
- Physical requirements – ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, climb ladders, lift materials up to 20kg, and move materials up to 3 tons using a pallet jack.
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now