Senior Specialist, Group ICT Security
Requisition Number: 505613
Contract Type: On-going
Country: United Kingdom
Site: London Office
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum Minerals is a leading and fast-growing copper company founded more than 20 years ago with a strong conviction in the long-term fundamentals for copper. First Quantum Minerals has operations around the world including Africa, Latin America etc.
Purpose of the Job: The Senior Specialist, Group ICT Security Role reports to the Head of ICT Security and supports the driving of the IT security strategy and implementation whilst protecting the business from security threats and cyber-hacking.
- Salary: £75000 - £85000 per annum + pension, medical and performance bonus, subject to circumstances and experience
- Closing date: 17 May 2019.
The Senior Specialist, Group ICT Security Role reports to the head of ICT security and supports the driving of the IT security strategy and implementation whilst protecting the business from security threats and cyber-hacking.
The day-to-day activities include:
- Supporting the creation and implementation of a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies
- Performing IT security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimise threats
- Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems
- Ensuring business continuity
- Communicating with key stakeholders about IT security threats
- Managing and responding to security incidents
- Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations
- Supporting the compliance to the latest regulations and Information Security requirements
- Championing and educating the organisation about the latest security strategies and technologies
- Some travel to our overseas operations will be required
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of IT security
- Running security audits and risk assessments
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions
- Ensuring compliance and governance is met
- Supporting change projects and building new IT capabilities
- Supporting the implementation of business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organisation at all times
Skills and Behavioural Traits:
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to deliver IT security change
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management
- Strong customer focus - able to meet the demands of internal customers
- Excellent communication skills - providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to senior management as well as other stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable - capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands
- Forms business partnerships that help drive IT security forward
- Can make decisions that are well informed and timely
- Creative thinking - able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve
- Multi-tasking - can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise demands
- Resilient - can provide clear justification and tenacity to deliver change
- 3-5 years'experience of the mining sector and relevant security technologies and practices associated with ERP and other business solutions, specifically Mineman and Pronto
- Given the level of seniority a decade of proven IT security experience
- Local hands-on IT Security operational experience of working in Zambia, Mauritania and Panama
- Expert knowledge of Checkpoint software and solutions
- A proven track record of driving large-scale change programmes in the mining sector
- A proven record of dealing with complex projects and meeting conflicting demands within the mining sector
- Ability to develop operational business cases
- Demonstration of latest IT thinking
- Threat modelling methods
- Creative drive
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now