Requisition Number: 505630
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Changing Tyres on all size mine equipment including tyre sizes up to 59/80R63.
- Rim maintenance on all mine equipment.
- Tyre chain maintenance including changing chains, tensioning chains and repairing of tyre chains.
- Daily tyre pressure checks and inspections on all mining equipment.
- Recording all tyre information on tyre change outs and tyre pressure/inspection checks.
- Carry out administrative functions as identified by Supervisor
- Identify worn and faulty components and report.
- Contribute to good housekeeping routines.
- Understand and adhere to company’s policies and procedures.
Experience & skill:
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
- Minimum 3 years mining tyre/rim/chain experience on Mobile mine equipment.
- Experience in Mining.
- Able to read, understand and reference maintenance manuals.
- Record information as required by tyre bay supervisor.
- Experience in Tyre management systems.
- Must have Grade 12 Certificate
- Current Certificate tyre management course or equivalent.
- Current Certificate in Tyre Chain management or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and having driving experience for 12 months.
- Must be discreet and flexible.
- Must be responsible, focused and self – motivated.
- Ability to interact with people and work cohesively with them.
- Must physically capable of using and moving equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now