Requisition Number: 505639
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Operations / General Management, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Estamos buscando Almacenistas para nuestro taller de equipos tácticos en Cobre Panamá.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the section.
- Adherence to all FQM Cobre Panama policies and procedures.
- Perform general warehouse duties including (but not limited to):
- Inspect incoming goods to ensure specifications match the requirements detailed on order and report discrepancies.
- Responsible for receiving, storing, assembling, packing and/or unpacking goods including delivery from the tool store.
- Arrange any necessary storage of incoming goods ie placing items into containers.
- Utilize available warehouse equipment to move warehouse items within or outside the facility.
- Perform quality controls of the equipment and product as determined by the SOPs, Quality and ISO manuals.
- Issue goods as required through receipt, process and delivery of items according to pick list details / Tools.
- Participate in materials audits by sorting, counting, identifying, verifying using the existing processes and to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Under direction, verify receipts and ensure they are logged according to existing procedures.
- Assist with regular material warehouse inspections to ensure that material is undamaged and maintained in an orderly manner in the tool store.
- Advise Officer Warehouse of cycle count issues in a timely basis.
- Operate forklift, power jack and/or other lifting aids to safely move warehouse materials according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Be an active contributor to the 'team' environment of warehouse to consistently deliver and exceed expectations.
- Undertake nominated training activities to maintain and up-skill required competencies.
- Execute duties with the focus to reduce operational costs.
- Adopt the FQM Way culture - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Officer Store and/or Supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Completion of secondary school
- Strong attention to detail with developed sense of ownership and accountability.
- Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills to trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Ability to undertake the manual duties of the role.
- Ability to operate a forklift, power jack and/or other lifting aids and equipment.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar position.
- Previous warehouse and mine site experience preferred.
- Fluent Spanish language skills preferred
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now