Temporal Laboratory Analyst
Requisition Number: 506754
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Adhere to all requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality as well as Finance, human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Adhere to company safety regulations and requirements of the section
- Contribute to achieving the process production plan by the determination of the required analytes in plant control samples, metallurgical sample and environmental samples.
- Attend daily shift meetings
- Ensure complete and satisfactory operation of machines and equipment(Balance, XRF, AAS, LECO AND ELTRA)
- Maintain good housekeeping of the area of responsibility
- To perform any reasonable tasks instructed by supervisor.
- Advanced Certificate in Laboratory Science or Assaying Certificate.
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now