Requisition Number: 506761
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist issuing/dispatch team in the picking, issuing and dispatch of items.
- Assist the Receiving team in the receiving and binning process.
- Assist the Audit Team with stock take when required.
- Demonstrate and promote a proactive commitment to health, safety and the environment.
- CIPS Certificate or equivalent
- Full grade school certificate
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a similar will be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Efficient in microsoft word, outlook, excel and pronto
- Ability to multi task and prioritize duties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have be a fast leaner
- Must be bold initiative
- Must be thorough and pay attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours
- Ability to work independently, self –starter and energetic
- Must be a team player
- Must be willing to adapt to the new environment
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now