Requisition Number: 506792
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as MMS Standard and work order completion
- Must fully participate in housekeeping at all times everywhere on Site
- Exercise responsibility and Cost Management of all lifting equipment and gear
- Adhere to all standard instructions at all times
- Must be self-motivated, sober minder character
- Must exercise good time management at all times
- Must exercise high level of discipline
- Must always be co-operative and communicative
- Must be safety conscious at all times
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade Ten (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate from recognised institution
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a qualified Rigger
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now