Operation Security Supervisor
Requisition Number: 506873
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for Operation Security Supervisor:
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
Respond dynamically in case of crisis, and participate in the development of a Crisis Management Plan.
• Supervises and controls the inventory of weapons and equipment assigned to the team
• Perform and log daily inspections.
• Recommend, develop and implement improvements to the current Security standards.
• Apply work schedules and working stations assignments, ensuring that all the positions are covered in an effective and
• Ensure a high standard for the general conditions of the security stations is maintained.
• Supervise, maintain and control the inventory of weapons and equipment assigned to the team.
• Supervise and provide practical security advice and support for security personnel on a daily basis to optimize department
• Manage performance by setting expectations, monitoring attendance, conducting performance reviews, providing feedback and
coaching to subordinate staff.
• Identify training opportunities that will provide depth and versatility for employees in the team.
• Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a continuation of a solid working relationship with all employees.
• Implement FQM Way culture across the team – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”.
• Act as deputy for colleagues as required.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent Security.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Officer of the National Police y/o, Technical degree in Criminalistics, Forensic Science or related fields
• Good leadership, motivational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong investigatory and analytical skills for identifying security shortfalls and implementation of corrective and
preventative action plans.
• Proven ability to identify, analyse and understand equipment requirements.
• Ability to analyze information and provide clear and accurate reports in both an upward and downward direction.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and stressful environment.
• Good handle of informatic tools
• Minimum 5 years of experience Property / Physical Security Supervisor, or in areas related to Criminalist, Forensic Studies,
or associated fields.
• Experience of driving 4x4 vehicles
Fluency in Spanish is required with English language competency highly regarded.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now