Requisition Number: 506885
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, pick issue and dispatch stock items.
- Ensure the best storage and handling of warehouse goods.
- Ensure that all stock movements are recorded and controlled in an accurate manner.
- Ensure all issue documentation is signed off and accurate records maintained.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Control and secure inventory, including warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet stacker, hand truck)
- Ensure all received items from put away are binned in their respective bin locations
- Take part in the cycle count/stock codes updated in the system
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
- Must have Grade 12 Certificate
- CIPS Advanced Certificate (Level3) or equivalent
Experience and Skills
- Proficiency in Pronto (desirable)
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of basic health and safety
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be dependable and self – motivated
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Unquestionable integrity
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now