Requisition Number: 506886
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement and Supplier Account Management
- Processing all purchase orders and “M” type projects accordingly within Pronto.
- Handling of assigned workshop accounts on a bi- weekly basis
- Adjudication of all purchase orders within 48 hours of receipt.
- Proficient in all inventory related tasks and objectives
- Well versed in all activities involved with stock taking and reporting.
- Able to liaise efficiently with end users to update min/maxes
- ERP and Microsoft Office Package:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Knowledge of ERP systems. (Pronto/SAP or similar ERP system is an added advantage)
- Experience with logistics terms and activities.
- Basic Knowledge of logistics requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Must have Grade 12 Certificate
- CIPS Advanced Certificate (Level3) or equivalent
Experience and Skills
- Proficiency in Pronto (desirable)
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of basic health and safety
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now