Artisan Fitter - Concentrate Press Filters
Requisition Number: 506937
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Maintaining Outotec/Larox Pressure Filters.
- Maintaining Rexroth Hydraulic Units.
- Maintaining Warman Slurry Pumps.
- Maintaining Schenk Vibrating Screens.
- Maintaining pipe lines and valves.
- Identifying and implementing improvements in the Concentrate Filtration System.
- Maintaining conveyor belts downstream of the pressure filters.
- Minimum of a Grade 12.
- Mechanical Plant Fitting certificate or equivalent.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the maintenance of Outotec/Larox Pressure Filters and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of procedures for routine inspection and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the hydraulic circuitry of pressure filters.
- Knowledge of the safety requirements when working on pressure filters.
- Knowledge on the auxiliary equipment associated with pressure filters.
- Ability to operate the filter using hand held unit or screen for maintenance purposes.
- Good Teamwork skills
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance with a hands on approach
- Standby work required.
- Overtime when necessary.
- Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals.
- PC Literacy
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Security at Kansanshi on 0966154417 and +260 212 658444.
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now