Requisition Number: 506954
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Engineering, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are actually searching for Lubrication Technicians.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
• Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
• Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the work area.
• Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis.
• Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas.
• Coordination of required supplies and routine ordering of products at inventory locations.
• Use of tools and equipment for routine and non-routine lubrication functions.
• Draining and cleaning of reservoirs.
• Mechanical modification of systems as directed to facilitate sampling and
filtration, and other proactive improvements.
• Fill and maintain level on reservoirs.
• Change filters and breathers on reservoirs as required.
• Operate filtration equipment.
• Grease relubrication with manual and automatic dispensing equipment.
• Maintain dispensing equipment and automatic systems.
• Label and tag reservoirs, equipment, inventory and delivery containers.
• Print and complete planned lubrication activities.
• Update scheduling systems, add notes to system and request work
orders for maintenance repairs and activities.
• Perform field level oil analysis, including (e.g.) Crackle, Viscosity and Blotter
Test, as required.
• Schedule, collect, label and mail samples with requisite details, for analysis.
• Perform basic evaluation of oil analysis results and recommend current and future
• Troubleshoot common lubrication-related procedural and equipment problems.
• Report in writing any discrepancies or conditions that require corrective,
predictive or planned maintenance for production systems.
Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
• Implement FQM Way culture in the work team - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Completion of University Technician in the Mechanical, Nautical (Machineries) or related disciplines.
- Understanding of fundamental machinery lubrication practices.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, percentages).
• Strong mechanical understanding of equipment.
• Basic computer literacy, including the capability to operate standard email,
spreadsheet, word processing and moderately complex software, and employ
web-based programs, including those used for lubrication scheduling and oil
• Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a machine lubrication, engineering, mechanical maintenance and/or related trade.
• Previous experience in the mining industry preferred
Fluency in Spanish and English highly regarded.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now