Ancillary Crusher Mechanic (Operator)
Requisition Number: 506977
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Operations / General Management, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama
- Through personal standards, maintain an emphasis on safety, environmental responsibility and operational responsibility
- Perform inspections on all mechanical areas of the ancillary crushing plant and associated mobile equipment
- Perform the preventive, corrective and repair maintenance for the ancillary crushing plant
- Perform evaluation, diagnostic tests and calibrations for all mechanical components in the ancillary crushing plant
- Undertake component replacements during shutdowns and unplanned events
- Comply with the rules and procedures for the prevention and environmental care
- Comply with the procedures developed for each specific work
- Update and close work orders for the respective works with correct and timely information
- Maintain and correctly use the tools and facilities provided
- When not performing maintenance tasks, assist the operators run the ancillary crushing plant
- When not performing maintenance tasks, assist the team by operating mobile equipment for loading and area clean up
- When required, operate the ancillary crushing plant to meet the crushed material requirements as set out in the production schedule
- Perform daily work activities and tasks as identified by the foreman and supervisor
- Work with other team members to ensure all tasks are completed safely and as scheduled
- Identify opportunities for areas to improve performance with equipment, process and people
- Complete all documentation accurately and timely
- Promoting a positive culture and awareness of safe work practices
- Implement FQM Way culture across the team – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”
- Liaising with peers and colleagues to enable the above
- Know and comply with the Safety and Occupational Health Regulations in Mining, Internal Work Rules, Code of Ethics and Conduct, Loss Prevention Manual
- The responsibilities described above are the main responsibilities of the position. The position also develops other activities that are not included in this document and the immediate supervisor is in charge of transmitting them.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of crushing operation and maintenance methodologies
- Team focus
- Driver's license
- 5+ years industry experience in maintenance of crushing plant or similar
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable with English language competency highly regarded
- Disposition for detail, accuracy and quality
- Results driven
- Cobre Panama is a remote site. The position is offered as Residential or BIBO
- Work hours and rosters may vary as required by the business
Safety and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Ensure all safety and environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
- Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now