Bolt-On Operations Specialist – Flotation
Requisition Number: 506987
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- The role has responsibility to train and develop the Shift Supervisor, Control Room Operators and Operational teams in the technical, equipment, operational, management tasks and expected behaviours of their roles.
- Develop and implement both theoretical and practical standard operating procedures and training materials.
- Conduct both theoretical and practical training and development activities, with strong focus on in-field hands-on tasks.
- Assess skills and capabilities of operational team members while providing on the job training.
- Complete the appropriate formal competency assessments.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive training and coaching records.
- Coach team to maintain HSE & housekeeping standards.
- Provide guidance and training on:
- correct equipment monitoring, operation and maintenance.
- routine tasks, including field check-sheets and equipment inspections.
- plant defect identification and corrective actions.
- Facilitate coordinated training activities with Supervisors, the Control Room and Operators.
- Provide guidance and practical assistance to the operations team.
- Act according to FQM Way culture - "Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Fluency in Spanish is required and competency in English highly regarded
- A relevant qualification in Mineral Processing or related field highly regarded.
- Strong training, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong drive and personal sense of accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to assemble and impart training materials.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct experience in specific plant equipment.
- Minimum 5 years of training & development experience.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now