Requisition Number: 507003
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for driver to join our team at Cobre Panama.
Key Overall Description and Requirements for the Position:
The applicant Driver must be capable of driving one or more of the following Construction Vehicles on the project.
- Tipper Truck
- Water Truck
- Crane Truck
- Canter Truck
Description and Requirements of the Tasks:
- Have a valid license to drive a Construction Vehicle on a public road
- Drive or Operate the vehicle in the correct manner and in accordance with the purpose for which it was designed.
- Drive or Operate the Vehicle with or without a load on stable trafficked roadways as well as over soft unprocessed materials.
- Reverse into loading, offloading and other work zones and correctly discharge or manage his vehicle for its designed Purpose.
- Take care of and maintain the construction vehicle.
- Ensure that there is no loose material on the vehicle that may fall onto the haul road or passing vehicles.
- Ensure that any load is correctly placed and secured on the vehicle with all hatches and covers closed before driving off.
- The driver must be aware of his load or vehicle weight and be able to adjust his driving style to compensate for the various weight scenarios.
- It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure that no damages occur to the machine i.e. no dents, scratches or knocks. The vehicle must be operated, parked and stored in such a way that there is no danger to it from other vehicles. The vehicle must be cleaned regularly, and its instrumentations and controls kept free from dirt.
- A documented general inspection of the Vehicle must be done before the start of each shift i.e. a Pre-Start Check Sheet must be completed. The oils must be checked and topped up if necessary, the various grease points must be checked and greased. The lights, tires, fuel levels and instrumentation must all be checked. Any irregularities must be reported to the Supervisor and the Mechanic. The Operator must also assist the Mechanic with any repairs or services that must be done
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Skilled as a Driver.
- Good Knowledge of the Machine.
- Good knowledge of Road Surfacing and road construction.
- Knowledge and ability to operate other machines.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- 1 Year as a Driver of construction equipment.
- Road Construction Experience
- Fluency in Spanish. A competency in English will be highly regarded but not essential for the position.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now