Requisition Number: 507005
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Operations / General Management, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for Civil Engineer to join in our team at Cobre Panama.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama
- Through personal standards, maintain an emphasis on safety, environmental responsibility and operational responsibility
- Provide direct supervision to a multi-disciplinary team of operators and maintainers involved with all aspects of the ancillary crushing functions on the site
- Deliver a rigorous sampling and testing program to support the successful construction of roads.
- provide direct supervision to a team of administrative and sampling personnel to extract samples, monitor assay results, reporting and record keeping.
- Provide technical interpretation of all assay results and communicate with colleagues to align work practices with the assay results.
- Maintain records and other support documents used to support the road construction program for analysis and historical reference.
- Ensure strict compliance with agreed testing, monitoring, reporting and record keeping for all quality control standards in place for road construction
- Provide civil engineering support to operational areas as required including contractor management or engagement
- Provide ongoing job instruction to effectively utilize all employees and equipment daily
- Personal monitoring, control, allocation of daily tasks and scheduling for vacation times
- identify personnel training requirements and worker skills required to complete current and future tasks
- Participate in continuous improvement projects, identify opportunities and analysis for areas to improve road performance
- Promoting a culture to ensure full compliance with all applicable safety standards
- Implement FQM Way culture across the team- "Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together"
- Liaising with peer and colleagues to enable the above
- Know and comply with Safety and Occupational Health Regulation in Mining, Internal Work Rules Code of Ethics and Conduct, Loss prevention Manual
- The responsibilities described above are the main responsibilities of the position. The position also develops other activities that are not included in this document and the immediate supervisor is in charge of transmitting them
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Civil Engineering qualification is mandatory.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of crushing operation and maintenance methodologies
- Ability to maximize a team’s output while observing strict compliance to quality standards and requirements
- Team focus
- Driver's license
- 10+ years industry experience in crushing operations and or crusher maintenance
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable with English language competency highly regarded
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now