Heavy Equipment Operators (Plant Clean Up Crews)
Requisition Number: 507012
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for heavy equipment operators to join our team at Cobre Panama
Key Overall Description and Requirements for the Position:
The applicant Operator must be capable of driving one or more of the following Heavy Equipment Machines on the project.
- Grader: 12M, 14M, 16H & 16M
- Excavator: Various
- Dozer: D8 or equivalent
- Front End Loader
- Mechanical Broom
- Reclaimer: RM500 and RM300
- Chip Spreader.
- Tractor with 3 Side Impact Roller
- ADT (Articulated Dump Truck)
- Pneumatic Roller
- Pad foot & Smooth drum Rollers.
Description and Requirements of the Tasks:
- Have a valid license to drive a Construction Vehicle on a public road
- Drive or Operate the vehicle in the correct manner and in accordance with the purpose for which it was designed.
- Drive or Operate the Vehicle with or without a load on stable trafficked roadways as well as over soft unprocessed materials.
- Reverse into work zones and correctly operate his Machine for its designed Purpose.
- Take care of and maintain the construction vehicle.
- The Operator must be aware of his load or vehicle weight and be able to adjust his operating style to compensate for the various weight scenarios.
- It is the responsibility of the Operator to ensure that no damages occur to the machine i.e. no dents, scratches or knocks. The Machine must be operated, parked and stored in such a way that there is no danger to it from other vehicles. The vehicle must be cleaned regularly, and its instrumentations and controls kept free from dirt.
- A documented general inspection of the Machine must be done before the start of each shift i.e. a Pre-Start Check Sheet must be completed. The oils must be checked and topped up if necessary, the various grease points must be checked and greased. The lights, tires, fuel levels and instrumentation must all be checked. Any irregularities must be reported to the Supervisor and the Mechanic. The Operator must also assist the Mechanic with any repairs or services that must be done
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Skilled as an Operator.
- Good Knowledge of the Machine.
- Good knowledge of Operational area and road construction.
- Knowledge and ability to operate other machines.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- 1 Year as an Operator of construction equipment.
- Road Construction Experience
- Fluency in Spanish. A competency in English will be highly regarded but not essential for the position.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now