Requisition Number: 507053
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Manager of the Power Plant, the Administrative Assistant, will be responsible for managing, organizing and coordinating all the documentation and administrative systems of the area; keeping the administrative process updated, functional and responding to the needs of the team.
• Prepare minutes, notes and support materials for the successful development of scheduled meetings
• Operate within all relevant and applicable Panamanian laws.
• Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the area.
• Support the Manager and the Power Plant Superintendents in the effective collection of information and administration of records of the group of employees of the Power Plant department.
• Ensure an efficient and effective administration of all administrative functions of the office (s) of the Power Plant.
• Assist in the creation, implementation and maintenance of the administrative process that satisfies the demands of Power Plant department.
• Provide general support to the entire department.
• Constantly provide the main efficiency KPIs and their detail.
• Storage of departmental documents and data files in the "Processing" unit of the network.
• Maintain systems to monitor, track and report common aspects of the Power Plant department. (ie, light vehicles (service and refueling), organizational structure, personnel levels, telephone directory, training records, rotations, meal lists, etc.).
• Welcome visitors and manage the arrival of new employees, including flights, accommodation, inductions, training, transportation, office supplies, etc.
• Communicate with the staff in charge of organizing local and international flights and accommodation for the Power Plant department.
• Maintain calendars of managers, superintendents, supervisors and meeting rooms for relevant processes.
• Provide high quality support to management, including the provision of information, communications and management of Stakeholders.
• Maintain fully stocked (and accounted for) the cabinet of materials and cupboards for use by the Power Plant department.
• Maintain the statistical dashboards of the area permanently updated.
• Collect reports and reports as requested.
• Maintain communication with peers to share the way in which the processes are developed, keep them standardized and bring learning and improvements to the area.
• Identify and implement tasks for the continuous improvement and efficiency of the department.
• Maintain contact with support staff and others for the efficient maintenance of assets and operating systems in the area.
• Send / receive maintenance orders, materials, receive and verify deliveries.
• Perform any other activity assigned by department management.
• Degree in Administration or similar
• Skills in database management.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now