Mine Engineer: Short Term Planner
Requisition Number: 508073
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- To develop the weekly mining schedule, in accordance with the guide lines in the Three Monthly Plan and the Site Mine Operating Standards
- To communicate the mining schedule to the Mine Operation’s Group.
The weekly mining schedule includes scheduling all mining activities and includes but is not limited to
- Detailing the location and approximate dimension of all blocks to be mined.
- Detailing the ore extraction sequence;
- Estimating the tonnage and type of ore to be directed to the crusher, ROM Pad, or Ore stockpile;
- Estimating the volume/tonnage of ore, low grade ore and waste to be mined during the period;
- Scheduling drilling, blasting and pre-split drilling including explosives quantities required;
- Estimating the number of Grade Control samples / holes to be collected / drilled.
- Scheduling road construction
- Scheduling ancillary works, including tree clearing and development of underdrains, batter scaling
- Scheduling Cable movements
- Detailing Equipment allocation and scheduled maintenance
- Estimated fuel usage
- Estimating the truck fleet numbers required to complete the plan
The mining fleet that needs to be scheduled includes
- 4 x P&H 4100 Shovels
- 3 x R9350 Excavators
- 2 x Cat 6640D electric drills
- 2 x PV351 electric drills
- 3 x PV 271 electric drills
- 2 x PV 271 diesel drills.
The person we are looking for needs
- To understand the role for what it is - it is a service role that produces and communicates the weekly plan
- To understand the mining process in a large scale open pit mine operating in a tropical (wet) environment
- Be able to use Hexagon Mine Plan software.
- To want the job
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now