High Voltage Electrician
Requisition Number: 508082
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
• Develop safe standard work procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives.
• Identify, eliminate, mitigate and / or control any electrical safety condition.
• Use standard operating procedures (SOPs) for electrically safe work and industry best practices.
• Use industry best practices for safe exit blocking procedures;
• Read and understand electrical drawings, diagrams, single-line diagrams and any other technical information provided by the supplier, including, but not limited to,
Installation, operation and maintenance manuals.
• Assist and / or carry out activities such as solving problems of electric drive machinery, including transformers, power inverters,
motors, capacitors, voltage regulators, medium voltage switches and support hardware.
• Assist and / or operate various components in the medium and high voltage electrical distribution system, including isolation switches, transformers,
variable speed drives, switches and motor control centers.
• Respond to troubleshooting calls and take the necessary steps to get the equipment to work again.
• Wear personal protective equipment such as hot sticks, arc resistant clothing, respiratory protection and place or place labels, barricades, signs
warning and protective devices to protect others from electrical hazards such as the electric arc.
• Assist and / or operate a variety of devices, tools and equipment for testing, calibration and repair, including voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters,
insulation resistance testers, high potential test sets, circuit breaker testers, etc.
• Under supervision, it serves as a member of the high voltage, medium voltage and low voltage maintenance team.
• Maintains current knowledge of equipment and materials through self-study and training.
• Prepares and maintains a variety of records and documents related to the work performed.
• Communicate work order reviews, material delays or other problems to the supervisor and await additional instructions.
• Act as a deputy for colleagues as needed.
• Perform any other work as assigned.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
• A vocational or technical school degree, recognized by JTIA at the level of general electrician.
• 2 years of experience in industrial electrical systems, distribution and / or generation.
• Practical experience with national regulations (NFPA 70) and industry best practices, including NEC, IEEE and NFPA70E standards.
• Good knowledge of electrical and mathematical / basic algebra theory and terminology used in electrical calculations.
• Experience in the large AC drive system
• The experience in switchgear, medium voltage VSD and gearless drives will be an advantage.
• Experience with electric shovels, electric rotary drills, electric drive trucks and very electrically powered wheel loaders
• Experience with mobile transformer skates and electric drag / drill cables.
• Knowledge of the programming of the logic controllers, protection relays, VSD and circuit breaker relays will be an advantage.
• Basic PLC programming, input and output cards
• Excellent cognitive and analytical skills to identify corrective and preventive maintenance actions.
• Proven ability to identify, analyze and understand electrical requirements.
• Strong understanding of improvement and maintenance control strategies.
• Great knowledge of the technical, production and maintenance strategies for mineral processing plants of continuous operation at large
• Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to analyze data and provide clear and accurate reports on student performance.
operational maintenance, both up and down.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Fluency in Spanish is required and considered highly proficient in English.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }