Power Plant Operations Jr. Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 508089
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
Categories: Operations / General Management, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for Jr. Process Engineer at the Power Plant to join in our operation team at Cobre Panama
Role and Responsibilities
The Power Plant Operations Jr. Process Engineer will report to the Power Plant Process Engineer.
The Jr. Process Engineers duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Reporting to, and taking direction from, the Operations Process Engineer assist with the completion of the power plant construction phase.
- Constantly strive to increase your understanding of the design and function of all power plant equipment and how it contributes to the overall plant operation. Familiarize yourself with the installation, maintenance and operation of this equipment to assist in analyzing plant performance and the factors that affect it.
- During construction assist as required with the effort to correctly inspect, calibrate, repair, refurbish and install all plant instrumentation. Assist with monitoring installation of all plant instrumentation to ensure that it is installed as designed and per best industry practices.
- Assist with training of plant operations and maintenance personnel in all aspects of I&C installation, testing, repair and operation.
- Assist Startup and Commissioning effort as requested under the direct control of the Commissioning Manager.
As plant approaches operational status transition to ongoing duties:
- Assist Operations Process Engineer with the following duties as assigned.
- Improve plant safety, reliability, financial performance and ease of operation through proper application of the Instrumentation and Controls systems provided.
- Determine the expected operational parameters for all plant systems and document the basis for these parameters.
- Set up automatic systems to gather and correlate all operational data on a real time basis. System should then compare instantaneous data and trends, both short and long term, to required parameters and provide appropriate feedback to operations management.
- Evaluate performance parameter trends to identify any decrease in plant performance and then determine the root causes. Provide evaluations and recommendations concerning the situation as it currently exists, and prepare forecasts of the future impacts that might reasonably be expected.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now