Entrenador de Terreno T284 / Field Trainer T284 (033162)
Requisition Number: 508096
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• Perform the pre-start, start and shutdown procedures of the tow truck.
• Inspect and maintain all equipment, and report any mechanical problems with the truck to your dispatcher.
• Act on emergencies, hazards or failures.
• Act on alarms and monitoring systems.
• Place the truck correctly in the loading, unloading and emptying unit.
• Safely empty the load in accordance with the specific requirements and rules of the OEM and the site of the mine.
• Keep the cab of the extraction truck clean and free of operational distractions.
• Follow all applicable mining site traffic patterns.
• Keep in touch with the base or supervisor through the communication radio.
• Perform operations in areas with limited space.
Competences of the position:
• Ability to safely control the direction, speed and braking of the T284 extraction truck, both fully loaded and empty.
• Ability to safely operate the extraction truck under normal / different conditions.
• Ability to plan and map the best route for loading / unloading locations.
• Ability to withstand the demands of driving for long hours.
• Ability to stop the equipment in case of an emergency.
• Ability to understand and follow the policies and procedures of mining safety and mining production.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to calculate rate, ratio and percentage, and draw and interpret graphs.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to speak effectively to groups of clients or employees of the organization.
Education and experience:
• High school certificate and five (5) years of related experience and / or training in heavy equipment operations T282 and / or T284
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Ability to obtain and maintain training requirements and safety certification for specific Mina sites.
• Ability to operate extraction trucks in all climates and high altitudes.
• Have a good visual acuity (corrected or uncorrected).
• Team spirit: Promotes communication and cooperation for the greater good of the company and the client.
• Be able to work in a remote place in the jungles of Panama.
• Be able to work in a multicultural team of diverse backgrounds.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }