Requisition Number: 508107
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Effectively maintain the electrical equipment with the minimum effect on the plant production.
Reporting and record keeping
- Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
Tools and audit
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section
- Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
Training and development
- Identify needs and training requirements within your area.
- No person is allowed to operate any equipment without an official driving opermit permit.
- Always maintain a good level of housekeeping around your workplace.
- Any other duties as directed by the Direct Electrical Supervisor.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Provincial Driving Permit for LMV will be an advantage
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Previous Experience in a Mining Environment will be an advantage
- Technical Skills
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise/dust
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now