Superintendent Plant and Equipment (Maintenance - Nickel Plant)
Requisition Number: 508120
Contract Type: On-going
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Superintendent Services to join our team.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- Direct management of the services team, and contractors.
- A clear understanding of preventative maintenance, planning, strong communication skills and a flexible ‘can do’ approach to work
- Perform failure investigations of critical equipment failures, with the aim of continuous improvement.
- Provide technical direction and guidance for the maintenance teams
- Responsible for a high availability of all mechanical equipment within the area.
Specific requirements you will need:
- Mechanical Trade Background, bachelor degree would be an advantage
- Significant previous experience in a supervisory role within heavy fixed plant maintenance environment
- Experience and knowledge with all general site services, including Mobile Cranes, Scaffolding, Plumbing, Blast and Painting, site and town facilities, Tailings & Seawater and Light Vehicle workshop
- Ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical drawings
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now