Production Shift Supervisor (Nickel Operation)
Requisition Number: 508125
Contract Type: On-going
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Work on one of the world's most complex mineral processing plants.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
We are searching for experienced Process Plant Supervisors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- •Overseeing continuous production
•Development of Production Technicians
•Development and updating of operating documentation
•Promote the development of sound operating practices
•Demonstrate commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibilities
•Ensure that all risks have been identified, managed and a safe working environment is maintained
•Be part of the team where communication is open and each person understand what they have to do and what they are responsible for
•Adhere to systems, procedures and maintain a safe working plant and environment
•Provide accurate feedback so that appropriate and corrective action and planning can be implemented
•Strong communication skills and a flexible ‘can do’ approach to work
•Promote continuous improvement and accept challenges as they arise
•Ensure that operation objectives are effectively communicated to optimise plant availability
Specific requirements you will need:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar Process Supervisor role
- Field Operator experience or Area Engineer experience mandatory
- Experience leading and managing shift teams
- Control room experience highly regarded
- Front-line management qualifications highly regarded
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now