Requisition Number: 508142
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Perth, Ravensthorpe
Categories: Mining, Operations / General Management
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- Carry out the Planning and Scheduling function for plant mechanical and electrical teams
- Coordinating resources, labour, materials and plant access for preventative and emergent maintenance tasks.
- Liaise daily with the supply , stores, and procurement departments to ensure the timely arrival of materials, spares and equipment to site
- Develop and set up maintenance strategies including PM’s, BOM’s and condition monitoring for the Beneficiation Plant infrastructure
- Produce weekly Maintenance Management KPI performance graphs for Information Board and Superintendent.
- Work through project documents and vendor manuals to assist in planning, scoping and scheduling purposes. File/ record for future reference
Specific requirements you will need:
- A minimum 5 years relevant planning experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people from diverse technical and workplace backgrounds, particularly production-orientated maintenance and operations personnel
- A Mechanical trade certificate or tertiary qualification
- Proficient user of Pronto preferred, other CMMS considered
- Strong organisational skills in planning, scheduling and budgeting
- You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now