Requisition Number: 508144
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Human Resources
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Working for us at Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation (RNO) will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- Development of training strategy for RNO in conjunction with department managers to deliver business outcomes;
- Conducting training needs analysis, critical skills analysis and gap analysis for RNO;
- Ensuring that FQMAN employees and contractors have the required competencies to perform their roles on site;
- Develop and implement competency based training plans for all employees;
- Develop and provide reporting and metrics including return on investment studies
- Coordinate the apprenticeship training scheme for the site;
Specific requirements you will need:
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years’ experience in the mining or related industry at a similar level with proven skills in training leadership
- Qualifications in Workplace Training & Assessing or relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, and standards and practical experience in their application
- Experiencing developing and implementing plans to address site needs such as critical skills pipeline is essential
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now