Training Coordinator, Metal Fabrication
Requisition Number: 508190
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Administration, Business Development, Engineering, Human Resources, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Co-ordinate Training / Schedule for Metal Fab Trainers & Trade
- Provide reports on progress of trainers/students
- Plan, develop and implement courses to meet the training needs of metal Fabrication employees and trainees.
- Evaluate all maintenance training and analysis training needs for the company and ensure all training materials are available to achieve company training objectives.
- Design training to upgrade skills and implement On-the-job training programmes in metal Fabrication discipline.
- Ensure that company procedures and safety regulations are enforced in order to minimise accidents and maximise production
- Carry out training needs during repairs, shutdowns and planned maintenance jobs to formulate training programs in order to closed the gap (lacking skills and knowledge) in employees
- Perform any other tasks assigned by any senior official of the Company who is empowered to exercise authority over him
- Assist Engineering Training Coordinator in coordinating both Internal and external training to upgrade employees’ skills.
- Maintain training records and training matrices for all employees
- Manage Trainers / Trainees Log Books, Time Sheets during their In Plant Practical Training
- Technician or Technology Certificate with preferably with Technical Teacher Diploma in Teaching Methodology from recognised institution.
- Trainer Accreditation Certificate by TEVETA
- A minimum of 5 years relevant Trade Training experience
- Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role
- MS Office – Basic Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Presentation Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby work required
- Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now