JD Edwards Supervisor
Requisition Number: 508233
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently seeking a talented JD Edwards Implementation Specialist to support our Cobre PanamaTeam.
- Manage and develop a small team of JD Edwards Support specialists with the right mix of experience and module-specific
- Plan, manage and communicate the leave and rotation schedule of the team to ensure consistent, accurate and high quality
service delivery to the JD Edwards community;
- Plan, communicate and execute the development of appropriate skills and knowledge of the JD Edwards support team;
- Plan and manage the capacity of the JD Edwards support team to ensure consistent, accurate and high quality service delivery,
both in the present and in the future;
- Assist in the ongoing development and management of a JD Edwards Support Service Level Agreement (SLA);
- Manage and communicate the performance of the JD Edwards support team against the JD Edwards Support SLA with the business;
- Identify the need for new or improved JD Edwards solutions based on feedback from stakeholders and analysis of Incident and
- Build and maintain relationships with Stakeholders across the current and potential future JD Edwards community at Cobre Panama.
Skills and Experience requirements
• The ability to supervise, train and mentor staff;
• The ability to organize and prioritize work and meet tight deadlines without compromising on quality and attention to detail;
• The ability to perform consistently under pressure and deliver results;
• The skill to communicate effectively and consistently;
• The ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders;
• Advanced Spanish and English language skills – written and spoken.
• Undergraduate degree in Finance/Engineering/Supply Chain or related field desirable (but not mandatory);
• Possess a minimum of 10 years' relevant JD Edwards implementation and/or configuration experience;
• Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of a JD Edwards Service Desk or Helpdesk;
• Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the supervision of staff.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now