Requisition Number: 508235
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- The location and dimensions of all blocks to be mined.
- Details of the required sequence of block extraction.
- Details of any change to or extension of de-watering facilities, including relocation of primary de-watering sumps, pumps and pipelines, together with any pumping requirements necessary prior to this.
- Details to any changes in the pit electrification system
- The general direction of mining within each block taking into account the need for selective mining and the need to blend ore types.
- The location and development of drop cuts
- The estimated tonnage of ore, waste and low grade ore to be mined from each mining area.
- Stockpile and re-handle requirements.
- Quantity, quality, type, timing and blending required for crusher feed.
- The waste rock stack dump development sequence
- Details of rehabilitation works or mine closure plan requirements.
- To understand the role for what it is - it is a service role whose prime focus is the production of the three month plan.
- To understand the mining process in a large scale open pit mine operating in a tropical (wet) environment.
- Be able to use Hexagon Mine Plan software and OPMS.
- Preferably four to seven years appropriate experience.
- Plus all the other good generic things – safety, attitude. team player etc.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now