ICT Support Engineer
Requisition Number: 508280
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Information Technology, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced ICT Support Engineer to join our team.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- Accurately document details of support cases within the service desk system SD+.
- Taking ownership of queries from initial contact to call closure
- Troubleshoots network and server performance
- Provide effective reporting on local IT operations
- Responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and improvement of site-wide networks, including:
- LAN, WAN, and RF devices and access points
- Configuring Routers and Switches
- Fibre technologies
- Security technologies such as Checkpoint, GFI
- ISP technologies (MPLS, BGP, IPSec, QoS, VLAN, STP, etc.)
- Management of 3rd Party providers, and project management of improvements
- Coordinating ICT project activities and ensuring that all project phases are appropriately documented and managed
Specific requirements you will need:
- 5 years’ recent computer, server, and network troubleshooting experience
- Demonstrable experience supporting Windows 7, 8 & 10 and Windows Server
- PC, laptop, desk, maintenance and configuration
- Local and remote networking – LAN’s, WAN’s, VPN’s, RDP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco phone systems
- IT Security process and procedures (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, etc.)
- On the ground experience working at a mine site and in remote mining locations is desirable.
- Solid knowledge of current Microsoft desktop and server operating systems and applications including:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Experience with virtualised environments (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- SQL capabilities
- Anti-Virus maintenance and configuration
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now