Requisition Number: 508281
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Finance, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Finance Accountant to join our team.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- Assist with the banking function including the process of transactions from statements, reconciliation of accounts, account balances and monthly cash calls
- Process the inter-company transactions, reconcile trade and loan balances and confirm and communicate the amounts with the inter-company partners (actual/budget/forecast)
- Assist with the prepayments including the review of transactions, update of the prepayment schedule, the preparation and posting of journals and reconciliation of balances
- Oversee the finance leases by preparing of the monthly entries for the finance lease including the calculation of the interest & guarantee accruals and adjustments to the current/non-current loan balances and FX revaluations
- Perform month end procedures including the review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, the update and maintenance of the month-end timetables/check-lists, FX reconciliations, prepare BAS statement and other ad-hoc duties to support the month-end process
- Assist with the accounts payable and receivable process including to check the AP pay runs, monitor revaluations and track and control sundry revenues
- Administration in Pronto/HFM including assist with system improvements, clear z errors/validations/integrities and provide key backup for monthly and budget data loads into HFM
- Assist with the preparation of the annual statutory accounts including schedules and reconciliations
Specific requirements you will need:
- Minimum of 2 year’s relevant experience in an accounting role
- A tertiary qualification in an accounting or business discipline preferred
- Commencement of the CA/CPA program would be highly regarded
- Experience with Pronto and/or HFM software would be highly regarded
- A high degree of computer literacy (including proficiency with Microsoft Excel)
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now