Requisition Number: 508282
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Finance, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Cost Accountant to join our team.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- Provide assistance in the monitoring of costs for departments and participate in regular cost review with departmental Supervisors and Managers
- Provide assistance with weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting requirements of departments
- Preparation of forecasts/budget analysis reports including variance analysis and identification of key cost drivers
- Attend to the fixed assets including to record additions, run depreciation, assist with AFCE management, reconcile balances and perform capital reporting
- Prepare monthly Fixed Asset and Capital Work in Progress Reports
- Assist with the monthly balance sheet reconciliations for stores accounts, including the preparation of re-costing valuations for sulphur and magnesia
Specific requirements you will need:
- Minimum of 2 year’s relevant experience in an accounting role
- A tertiary qualification in an accounting or business discipline preferred
- A commitment to commence or has already commenced their CA or CPA studies (support will be provided)
- Experience with Pronto and/or HFM software would be highly regarded
- A high degree of computer literacy (including proficiency with Microsoft Excel)
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now