Requisition Number: 508283
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Engineering, Mining, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Carry out equipment inspections and ensure that corrective work is identified before it becomes a breakdown.
- Carry out maintenance and repairs to dipper, bucket, blade, dump body including general repairs on Machine.
- Identify corrective work during preventive maintenance inspections and ensure information is recorded and report to the foreman.
- Ensure task requirements are clearly understood and all risks identified before commencing the task.
- Ensure task requirements are clearly understood and all risks identified before commencing the job.
- Inspect assembled vessels or individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, or auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves or regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, or metalworking machinery.
- Bell, bead with power hammers, or weld pressure vessel tube ends to ensure leak-proof joints.
- Study blueprints to determine locations, relationships, or dimensions of parts.
- Straighten or reshape bent pressure vessel plates or structure parts, using hammers, jacks, or torches.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Full Grade Twelve (Grade 12) Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Metal Fabrication from a recognized institution
- Member of EIZ
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Experience in Ground engaging tools will be and added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as a Boilermaker in a Mining Environment
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now