Requisition Number: 508367
Contract Type: On-going
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum is a stable and reputable multinational mining company with 7 operating mines.
We are currently recruiting a high performance team for our Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation.
We are searching for dynamic people to join our small HR team.
We provide relocation support and rent-free housing in the picturesque town of Hopetoun, WA.
As Environmental Superintendent you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Establish and maintain systems of work to ensure continuous compliance to licences and approvals relevant to the operation.
- Scope and prepare documents such as Approval Applications, Environmental Management Plans, Annual Environment Reports and EMS Procedures
- Supervise Environmental Technicians conducting the environmental monitoring program
- Collate, interpret and report environmental data
- Develop and implement rehabilitation and land management procedures.
- Manage environmental contractors and consultants
- Develop and deliver awareness and training programs
- Represent the company when required
- Align environmental management system to regulatory standards
- Assist operational personnel to fulfil their environmental obligations and functions
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- 3+ years experience in a mining operations role
- Experience and understanding of Mining Environment Legislation including statutory reports such as NGERS, NPI and AERs
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality documentation for Approval Applications, Environmental Management Plans and EMS
- Knowledge and experience of Process Plant environmental aspects such as groundwater movement and air emissions
- Knowledge and experience with GIS, preferable ArcGIS
- Work organisation skills to ensure meeting tight deadlines and work unsupervised
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit www.GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now