ICT System Administrator
Requisition Number: 508380
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
• Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
• Develop standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives.
• Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis.
• Ensure work is executed in compliance with H&S, quality and environmental standards and procedures.
• Adherence to ICT policies and processes to ensure consistent quality of service and responsiveness.
• Control, drive and manage ICT systems, necessary for the optimal business operations.
• Constant monitoring of the availability, capacity, and operability of corporate ICT systems and provide detailed records
of the events specifically noting the level of escalation.
• Diagnose and plan the solution of detected events in the operation of services and infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain relationships with ICT peers to ensure that ICT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals
are understood and exceeded.
• Maintain and seek out knowledge of trends in infrastructure management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and
other external changes that could have an impact on the business.
• Implement and manage security processes (both technical and procedural) to ensure uninterrupted operations and to comply
with business data privacy policies.
• Ensuring ICT systems data integrity
• Responsible to ensure implementation of best practices over all ICT systems.
• Responsible for maintenance and emergency response outside of normal business hours as necessary to maintain general
system functions, health and/or changes.
• Maintain ownership of support incidents and follow proper escalation processes to meet or exceed target resolution timeframes.
• Responsible for involving resources outside of Operations when necessary to resolve incidents (third party providers, Group IT, etc.).
• Collect and analyze system usage statistics and engage in capacity planning required to manage the supported systems to
accommodate growth and to support ongoing engineering initiatives.
• Responsible for ensuring that the technical architecture is followed and that services necessary to meet the changing needs
of Cobre Panama are documented, implemented and maintained. The position has overall responsibility for the “blueprint” or technology architecture that drives the other services.
• Ensure that ICT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and exceeded.
• Consider cost saving measures without compromising service delivery.
• Adopt the FQM Way culture – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”
• Act as deputy for colleagues as required.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• A Tertiary qualification in Computer or Engineering.
• Post Graduate studies highly regarded
• Expert knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Certification in industry middleware applications and service management disciplines (ITIL, COBIT)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within an ICT team and all stakeholders.
• Strength in production of thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end user documentation
• Strong ability to adhere to standards, work with limited supervision, and meet deadlines for service delivery.
• Strength in planning and organisation.
• Ability to work to a high standard under pressure in a sometimes stressful environment.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in large or international environments.
• Experienced as second level server infrastructure engineer, VMWare advanced implementation engineer, Advanced server engineer and
• Proven experience managing end user licencing applications.
• Proven experience as 2nd level support at service desks environments,
• Hands-on working experience on MS server operating systems
• Hands-on working experience on ERP’s, Pi, Scada or any other business critical application.
• Hands-on working experience on server security implementing best practices with security groups.
• Proven experience communicating face-to-face with customers collecting requirements and implementation details, implementing solutions, and providing technical support.
• Experience with MS PowerShell.
• Experience in on premise cloud projects.
Fluency in English and Spanish highly regarded.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now