Requisition Number: 508395
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Responsible for using innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate
the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks in order to minimize manual and error-prone
processes and improve productivity. The Analytics Expert will also need to assist with designing the data management
infrastructure to drive automation in data integration and management.
- Will be considered a blend of data and analytics “evangelist,” “data guru” and “fixer.”
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Develop standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives.
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis.
- Ensure work is executed in compliance with H&S, quality and environmental standards and procedures.
- Adherence to IT policies and processes to ensure consistent quality of service and responsiveness.
- Develop and maintain relationships with ICT peers to ensure that ICT-delivered services and end-user productivity
goals are understood and exceeded.
- Consider cost saving measures without compromising service delivery.
- Adopt the FQM Way culture – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• A Tertiary qualification in Computer or Engineering.
• Post Graduate studies highly regarded
• Expert knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Certification in industry middleware applications and service management disciplines (ITIL, COBIT)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within an ICT team and all stakeholders.
• Strong collaboration skills in order to work with varied stakeholders within the organization. In particular, will work in
close relationship with DBA and Data Warehouse specialists and with business (data) analysts in refining their data requirements for
various data and analytics initiatives and their data consumption requirements.
• Strong ability to design, build and manage data models, schemas, metadata and reports. The ability to work with both IT and
business in integrating analytics output into business processes and workflows.
• Strong ability to adhere to standards, work with limited supervision, and meet deadlines for service delivery.
• Strength in planning and organisation.
• Strong experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
• Ability to work to a high standard under pressure in a sometimes stressful environment.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in large or international environments.
• Hands-on working experience of SQL reporting services
• Hands-on working experience on MS SQL server
• Proven experience communicating face-to-face with customers collecting requirements, implementing and providing technical support.
• Experience with Tableau and other BI platforms desirable.
Fluency in English and Spanish.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now