Requisition Number: 508396
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Partners with stakeholders, process specialists, and users to elicit and document business requirements; translates non-technical
requirements into technical business requirements.
• Partners with departmental teams to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
• Teach, tailor, and assert control during interactions with business partners and favor challenging over relationship-building
• Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, site visits, business process descriptions, use
cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Uses current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements
• Performs ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and BI solutions
• Partners with architecture and solution delivery teams to enable BI applications that have long-term value
• Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, abstracts up from low-level information to
a general understanding, and works with business units to uncover unmet business needs
• Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
• Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment and initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional image with ability to form good partner relationships across functions
• Strategic, intellectually curious thinker with focus on outcomes
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now